Goal: Create a collection of resources and design application in the course.
1. Become familiar with curation basics. Choose what you want to read. 20- 30 minutes is enough.
From the czech community here is Bořivoj Brdička article Učitel jako online kurátor, Michal Černý article Curating content as a way to promote interesting resources, articles at rvp.cz, or the new book Digitální informační kurátorství jako univerzální edukační přístup.
There are also research articles from abroad, for example, Digital Curation as a Core Competency in Current Learning and Literacy: A Higher Education Perspective or First-year university student engagement using digital curation and career goal setting. You can check Seek-Sense-Share model.
2. Choose one submodule from your KPI topic.
3. Search (Seek)
Search for 10-20 resources. Keep in mind the learning goal. Don’t lose yourself in a neverending river of resources. Set up a time for this phase – 1,5 – 2 hours. Think about the role of the resource. Is it core learning content? For beginners / advanced? For student engagements? You can ask these questions for example:
- Do you already have some resources on this topic?
- Decide where you want to search. Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Medium, Instagram, Scoop.it, Tumblr, Google books, Good reads, Google art collection, Artsy, YouTube …?
- Is there some great book?
- An article?
- An expert? His web page or blog? Or social site profile to follow?
- An institution? Community?
- A picture? Infographics?
- A piece of art?
- A video? Tutorial?
- A song?
- A podcast?
- A film? Documentary?
- Some tool? App?
4. Manage (Sense)
Find a system for your work. How you can easily save resource? How to annotate?You can use for example – Pocket, Evernote, bookmarking tool. It is good to write short annotation in time of saving – why this resource? What is it about?
5. Use it (Share)
Try to design application of your collection to KPI (Umbraco environment). Approximately 2 hours.
- Would you like to stay with wiki style and use hypertext?
- Would you like to embed some curation tool?
- Would you like to use some Umbraco tool?
- Maybe you would like to create a mix?
- Where is your collection? In text? Between particular topics? In the end?
Try to apply it in Umbraco. If you need to know something about Umbraco, ask me or your mate Ondra.
It is ok to publish a prototype, you can finish it the second week. Let us know how and why you chose your strategy.
Preparation for video week:
Choose a part of the same submodule. Create a script for an educational video. What could be nice to say or show? Introduction? How to visualize? How to structure text? You can rewrite existing text or start from the scratch. Lenght: 200-500 words. (I think less is better 😉 Publish google docs link pls till the evening 25th March.